Hello guys! It’s almost two weeks since my last post, been so busy with work, hustle and all. You all know how it is in Lagos, Nigeria; I’m so sorry ’bout that tho. Well, I’ve been running up and down from one place to another under this hot sun without a car, and you know how this weather is. I feel so black right now, blackheads, sunburns, acne, stress etc. I thought about what i can do to clear my skin and i remembered how i used ‘POTATO’ for my face back then in high school. That’s like one of the natural things that work well for my face, cos i have a sensitive skin.
Almost everyone love potatoes. It is one of the most popular vegetables around simply because of the variety of its usage in cooking. You can fry them, bake them, boil them and steam them, to come up with different types of tasty dishes to dig into. But it gets better, not only are potatoes excellent vegetables to eat but they are virtually efficient skin doctors in their raw form. Raw potatoes are great for clear skin, and help with many skin problems.
Potatoes are packed with good stuff — they’re rich in vitamin B and C, they brighten and tone, and also are known to ward off wrinkles. They are rich in minerals like Potassium, Sulphur and Phosphorous, and essentially these minerals are excellent for skin care.
BENEFITS OF USING POTATO ON SKIN.
- It helps control and prevent acne, pimples and blackheads.
- It removes dark circles
- It treats winkles
- It help lighten the skin naturally
- It helps soothe the inflammation on skin wounds, burns and cuts.
- Its antibacterial property help cure skin wart
- It treat sunburns
- It removes dead skin cells
- It treat dry skin and also improve collagen health
HOW TO APPLY POTATO TO FACE. Peel the potato and cut into sections. Rub the raw potato slices on acne, pimples, burns or warts, so that the juice of the potato is spread across the affected area. Leave it to dry for 30 minutes, or even over-night. Since I’m extra, i leave it on my face overnight. There are other ways to use potato on face for clear skin, but this is the only I’ve tried and it works perfectly fine for me. Within 3-4 days, my skin is clear.
Below are other ways to apply potato on face for clear skin
- Grate the raw potato pulp as finely as possible and apply it over your face as a mask, leave it on for close to 15-20 minutes and wash it off with solution of water and vinegar.
- Make a fine juice using raw potato (without skin). Keep the juice in the fridge for 30 minutes. Dip a wash cloth in this juice and scrub your face clean with it. This is highly effective to remove excess oil, dirt and bacteria from your skin to leave it feeling fresh and vibrant.
- Grate a raw potato and mix with 2 Tbsp of lemon juice. Apply to face, avoiding eyes, and let sit for 30 minutes. The mixture will gradually alleviate hyperpigmentation, reduce swelling and exfoliate dry skin cells.
N.B: I’m actually referring to ‘irish potatoes’ not the normal sweet potatoes.
Some of you might have tried it, please let me know what you think about it. And if you haven’t, you should try it. Thank you for reading 💋💋💋.
Haleemah Al-sadiya Alabi.
Let’s be friends.
Instagram & Twitter: @theladylymarh